Saturday, January 25, 2014

Encouragement for Singles



With Valentine's Day coming up, I just wanted to encourage the singles out there! I know it can be tough when it seems like everybody and their momma is boo'd up.

Andrea Regalado posted two awesome guest blogs on Tia & Tamera's website. Check them out below...



I could definitely relate to everything Andrea was saying. Here's the comment I wrote:

I love this Andrea! You should write a book :) I'm not single, but I was for a lonnng time. So long, that I think some of my friends were actually surprised when I finally did start dating someone seriously. I remember what it was like when I was single and I was often annoyed by others who inquired about my love life. Even people I love very much would unknowingly make me feel bad by their comments. One comment was, "When are you going to get a man?" This would really bother me when it came from someone who had been in a messy relationship. I'd be thinking, "Uh, I'm not trying to end up in your situation." LOL! But seriously, I thought they would have been the one to encourage me. Maybe instead saying something like, "Girl, don't rush. Take your time!" Another example is when someone would tell me that they mentioned me to a guy and now he wants to meet me. As a friend, I would have liked for them to speak to me first about him so I can decide if I want to meet him. That was such an awkward feeling having a guy (one I didn't even know if I liked or not) already know things about me. Anyways, I am now happily married to someone who God hooked me up with. My hubby and I met without the help of anyone. It was meant to be and I thank God everyday for him! He's my soul mate :)


If you are single, remember this:

1) You don't need anyone but Jesus. Can I get an "Amen?!"

2) If you want to be in a fulfilling relationship, continue to trust in God.  He knew who He wanted you to be with before you were even born. That's deep!  Believe that you are right where you need to be.  Let God lead you to the right person and be thankful that He's protecting your heart. I know it's easier said than done, but stay encouraged!


 
 
Here is a great article about being single and enjoying this season of your life - The Blessings of Loneliness by Sabrina Beasley.

Much Luv!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment