Saturday, January 25, 2014

Revelations: Desires and Dreams

 



"Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this. . ."  ~Psalm 37:4-5


This is one of my favorite #Psalms and I am often encouraged by it. I especially love the part that says, "He will give you the desires of your heart."

The Holy Spirit reminded me one day that this not only meant that He would give me the desires of my heart - meaning that He would bring them to pass.  He also reminded me that He gives me the desires of my heart - meaning that He actually puts those desires in my heart.

You see, I have very high hopes and dreams; and sometimes I wonder when they will come true and how they will happen.  I have even wondered why I have those dreams, hopes, and desires in the first place.

God was just reminding me that there is a reason why I want those things. He knows what I am capable of achieving and He wants the best for me.

I was so pleased when this was revealed to me and it made me want to dream on.

Keep dreaming! Dream BIG! 

"Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us; unto Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." ~Ephesians 3:20-21 

No comments:

Post a Comment