Friday, August 29, 2014

Revelations: Praise Him In Advance




Pastor Marvin Sapp has a song called, "Praise Him In Advance" and I had the opportunity to see/hear him perform it live at a gospel concert.  This was a few years ago.




I love the message in that song and I thought about it the other day.

Whenever I start to worry, doubt, or get anxious about something, the Holy Spirit snaps me out of it by reminding me that this negative thinking is not of God.  I am more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37) and Jesus already said I don't ever have to worry about anything! (Matthew 6:25-34)

To me, worry, doubt, anxiousness, even nervousness are all branches of fear; and "God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 
(2 Timothy 1:7)

Remember that the devil is a liar (John 8:44), but Jesus is the Way, the TRUTH, and the Life (John 14:6).  We know our Father's voice.

So the next time we start having doubtful thoughts, then we should immediately start believing and thanking God for the opposite.  Let's praise Him in advance!


Below is a chart with some examples and scriptures that can help you:





Okay, back to the concert - it was awesome!  Marvin Sapp sung a lot of his popular songs and he didn't just do a quick medley.  He really ministered to the audience.  Marvin Sapp was the headliner, but the concert also included Ted Winn, Brian Courtney Wilson, and Myron Butler & Levi.  

Here are my favorite songs that each artist performed. . .






No comments:

Post a Comment