Friday, November 14, 2014

Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B





I know there's been a lot of controversy surrounding the upcoming movie about the late, great Aaliyah Dana Haughton; but if you are interested, it premieres this Saturday, November 15th on +Lifetime at 8/7c.

+Wendy Williams is one of the producers of this biopic.

I love and miss Aaliyah! She was so beautiful, talented, stylish, and is still one of my favorite singers.  She was a great actress and awesome dancer too.  Fatima Robinson was her choreographer.

Since I have long hair, I would try to wear it like Aaliyah (still do sometimes) and people used to say I had hair like hers.  Her "One in a Million" album was the first full CD I ever purchased. (Side note: My first CD was "The Preacher's Wife" single which had two songs by the late, great Whitney Houston).



I was a BIG fan of Aaliyah and was sad when she passed away, especially knowing that she passed so tragically.  I miss her.

I look forward to seeing if the biopic Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B will portray and honor her in the way that she deserves.  She was truly #OneInAMillion !

~Rest in Heaven Angel~

Here is the movie trailer:  



Next is a video that I came across on +YouTube .  It is very well done and highlights Aaliyah's amazing career.



#BabyGirl

Aaliyah has so many songs/videos that I love and I still listen to her music.  

Here is a playlist of my faves.  Enjoy!



#MoreThanAWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment